Historic Preservation Commission
- 4 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of every month
- Municipal Center
200 S Holden Street
Warrensburg, MO 64093
This commission was created in 2005 to promote the educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the community.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Membership & TermsThe board consists of 5 members who shall have an interest in historic preservation within the City. 1 of the five (5) members shall be a planning and zoning commission member, who shall serve for 1 year. Members shall otherwise be appointed for terms of 3 years and shall serve until their successor is duly appointed. The City Manager or his designee shall be an ex-officio member.
To the extent available in the community, the Historic Preservation Commission shall include professional members representing such disciplines as architecture, architectural history, prehistoric and historic archaeology, planning, urban design, cultural geography, cultural anthropology, folklore, curation, conservation, landscape architecture, law, real estate brokerage, banking, history or other fields related to historic preservation, and residents of historic districts or potential historic districts.
|Don Nimmer||Member, Planning & Zoning Rep.||2021*|
|Kristin Dyer||Staff, City Planner||n/a|
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties of the Historic Preservation Commission include:
- Advising on surveys to identify historically and architecturally significant properties,
- Making recommendation on requests for local landmark and local historic district designation,
- Encouraging the nomination of landmarks and historic districts to the National Register of Historic Places,
- Advising and assisting owners of landmarks and property or structures within historic districts on preservation, renovation, rehabilitation and reuse, and National Register listing,
- Informing and educating the citizens of Warrensburg concerning the historic and architectural heritage of the city
- National Preservation Month eLibrary Table 2021
- 2021 Notable Structure and Preservation Opportunities (PDF)
- 2020 Notable Structures and Preservation Opportunities (PDF)
- 2019 Notable Structures and Preservation Opportunities (PDF)
- National Register of Historic Places Information
- Cultural Resource Survey Phase I and II (PDF)
- Facade Grant Program Details (PDF)
- Facade Improvement Grant Application (PDF)
- Warrensburg National Register of Historic Places Listings (PDF)
- Holden and Pine Streets Commercial Historic District (PDF)
- Grover Street Victorian Historic District Self-Guided Walking Tour (Mobile) (PDF)